Effective as of June 2017
- LICENSE GRANT. This Website is owned and operated by SCN, and this TOU provides to you (identified herein as “you” or a “user” or with “your”) a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, nontransferable, and nonsublicenseable license to use this Website, conditioned on your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this TOU. You may print and download materials and information from this Website solely for your personal use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information and that you do not distribute or further disclose such materials and information. If you wish to distribute or display the materials and information found on this Website or to use such materials and information for commercial purposes, you may contact SCN using the contact information set forth below.
- LICENSE GRANT RESTRICTIONS. This TOU is only a license and not an assignment or sale. Accordingly, you expressly acknowledge and agree that SCN transfers no ownership or intellectual property interest or title in and to this Website to you or anyone else. You may not modify, translate, decompile, create derivative work(s) of, copy, distribute, disassemble, broadcast, transmit, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, license, sublicense, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, exploit, rent, lease, private label, grant a security interest in, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein this Website.
- USER OBLIGATIONS. By accessing or using this Website, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age ((or the legal age of majority) (whichever is greater)) and will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when submitting information or materials on or through this Website, including, without limitation, when you provide information via a Website registration or submission form. In addition, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of this Website. You also acknowledge and agree that use of the Internet and this Website is solely at your own risk. SCN is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet or other global communication network.
- ACCOUNT. You may be required to register to use certain areas or functions available through this Website. Each such registration is for a single user only, unless otherwise expressly agreed upon by SCN. Registration for access to and use of this Website may also require access credentials, such as an email and password, or adherence to other particular access requirements as designated by SCN in its sole discretion from time to time. You hereby agree to consider your access credentials as confidential information and not to disclose such information to any third party without the prior express written consent of SCN, which may be withheld in its sole discretion. You shall immediately notify SCN if you suspect or become aware of any loss or theft of your password or any unauthorized use of your user name and password. SCN will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure (whether inadvertent or intentional) to comply with these obligations.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. All text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, audio, video, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information, and documentation as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” and arrangement of any content contained on or available through this Website, unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, and licensed by SCN and/or its licensors. Except as expressly provided herein, SCN does not grant any express or implied right to you or any other person, including under any intellectual or proprietary rights. This Website is Copyright © 2017 Syrian Community Network and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Any downloadable or printable information or materials available through this Website, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by SCN and/or its licensors. SCN, the Syrian Community Network logo, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying SCN and its programs, products, and services are proprietary trademarks of SCN, and any use of such marks without the express written permission of SCN is strictly prohibited. Other service, product, or company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners.
- OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Additional notices, terms, and conditions may apply to membership, receipt of (or access to) certain materials, participation in a particular program, and/or to specific portions or features of this Website.
- FEEDBACK. SCN welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve this Website. By transmitting any suggestions, information, material, or other content (collectively, “Feedback”) to SCN, you represent and warrant that such Feedback does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, or trademark rights) and that you have all rights necessary to convey such Feedback to SCN. In addition, any Feedback received through this Website will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive right and license for SCN to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on such Feedback without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, and for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and you hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES. SCN may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience. Such other sites are maintained by third parties over which SCN exercises no control. Accordingly, SCN expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the information, products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third party web sites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any third party web site or the information, products, or services provided by any third party.
- LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. Per the license grant above, SCN encourages and permits (plain) hypertext links to the primary landing page for this Website (www.SyrianCommunityNetwork.org). SCN is an organization committed to the highest ethics and standards and therefore, any links to this Website should not suggest that SCN promotes or otherwise endorses or is affiliated with any third party products, services, programs, causes, campaigns, websites, or information unless SCN has provided prior written consent for such promotion, affiliation, or endorsement.
- DISCLAIMER. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. SCN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU EXPRESSLY ABSOLVE AND RELEASE SCN FROM ANY CLAIM OF HARM RESULTING FROM A CAUSE BEYOND SCN CONTROL. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL SCN BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF SCN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY OF SCN FOR BREACH OF THIS TOU IS CESSATION OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE WHATSOEVER FOR AN AMOUNT NOT EXCEEDING THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO SCN DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Website is controlled and operated by SCN from its offices within the United States. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Illinois as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in Illinois. Any action to enforce this TOU will be brought in the courts presiding in Illinois, and all parties to this TOU expressly agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of such courts. Any claim you might have against SCN must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. A printed version of this TOU and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this TOU to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- ENFORCING SECURITY ON THIS WEBSITE. SCN wishes to keep this Website as a safe and productive resource for all. You therefore may not use this Website or any of SCN’s data, systems, network, or services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including, without limitation, accessing or using SCN data, systems, or networks in an unauthorized manner, attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a SCN system or network, circumventing any SCN security or authentication measures, monitoring SCN data or traffic, interfering with any SCN services, collecting or using from this Website email addresses, screen names, or other identifiers, collecting or using from this Website information without the consent of the owner or licensor, using any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information, using this Website to distribute software or tools that gather information, distributing advertisements, or engaging in conduct that it likely to result in retaliation against SCN or its data, systems, or network. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this Website may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution, including, without limitation, punishment under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 under U.S. federal law. SCN reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on this Website without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal or unlawful activity on this Website as well as to disclosures required by or under applicable law or related government agency actions. SCN will also comply with all court orders or subpoenas involving requests for such information. In addition to the foregoing, SCN reserves the right to, at any time and without notice, modify, suspend, terminate, or interrupt operation of or access to this Website, or any portion of this Website in order to protect this Website or SCN.
- INJUNCTIVE RELIEF. You acknowledge that any breach, threatened or actual, of this TOU, including, without limitation, with respect to unauthorized use of SCN proprietary assets, will cause irreparable injury to SCN, such injury would not be quantifiable in monetary damages, and SCN would not have an adequate remedy at law. You therefore agree that SCN shall be entitled, in addition to other available remedies, to seek and be awarded an injunction or other appropriate equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction restraining any breach, threatened or actual, of your obligations under any provision of this TOU. Accordingly, you hereby waive any requirement that SCN post any bond or other security in the event any injunctive or equitable relief is sought by or awarded to SCN to enforce any provision of this TOU.
- WAIVER & SEVERABILITY. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the terms and conditions of this TOU will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by SCN of any right under this TOU will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time. If any part of this TOU is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers, venue, claim, and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this TOU shall continue in effect.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and SCN as a result of this TOU or your utilization of this Website. This TOU represents the entire agreement between you and SCN with respect to use of this Website, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written between you and SCN with respect to this Website. Please note that SCN reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this TOU and the terms and conditions under which this Website and its offerings are extended to you by posting online a revised TOU or mailing and/or e-mailing notice thereof to you. In addition, SCN may add, modify, or delete any aspect, program, functionality, or feature of this Website. Your continued use of this Website following any addition, modification, or deletion will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any change to the terms and conditions of this TOU. Accordingly, please review this TOU found at this location on a periodic basis.
- CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have questions regarding this Website or if you are interested in obtaining more information concerning SCN or permission to use any SCN content (including any request to reprint), please contact the Syrian Community Network at 5439 N Broadway St, Suite 1, Chicago, IL 60645 (mailing address), 5439 N Broadway St, Suite 1, Chicago, IL 60645 (physical address), (708) 228-9211 (phone), or info@SyrianCommunityNetwork.org (e-mail support).