As of three days ago, the April 7 attack in Douma has killed at least 70 Syrians and has wounded an estimated 1000 (BBC). Victims exhibited symptoms consistent with exposure to toxic chemicals in a chemical attack.
We are often asked, What can we do to help Syrians?
- Call your political representatives. Tell them you are outraged that we have allowed yet another deadly (and internationally illegal) chemical attack to happen.
- Adopt/mentor a refugee family that has resettled in the U.S. Be there for refugees in your own community. Visit our website, and fill out the volunteer form.
- Donate to organizations helping Syrians who have fled the conflict.
- “Syria War: What We Know about Douma ‘Chemical Attack’.” BBC News, 10 Apr. 2018.
- Shaheen, Kareem. “Dozens Killed in Suspected Chemical Attack on Syrian Rebel Enclave.” The Guardian, 8 Apr. 2018.
- McKenzie, Sheena. “Suspected Syria Chemical Attack May Have Affected 500 People, WHO Says.” CNN, 11 Apr. 2018.